Heterodox Academy’s network includes more than 4,400 Members and Affiliates, and 19 Heterodox Communities (HxCommunities). We want to support the great work that our Members, Affiliates, and HxCommunities are doing to put the Heterodox mission into practice. To that end, we are pleased to present the HxCommunities Flexible Funding Opportunity.
Awards of up to $30,000 are available to support programs, projects, and events which demonstrate and promote heterodox values in education.
- Applicant is an HxA member
- Applicant belongs to an existing HxCommunity OR applicant is in the process of forming a new HxCommunity with the Director of Membership
- The activity serves HxCommunity members and/or HxA Community at large
- The applicant has provided all of the required application information.
- The proposal demonstrates support of and commitment to the HxA mission.
- The applicant has provided clear details as to how the funding will be used, indicates thoughtful planning, and is realistically aligned with the scale of the proposed program, project, or event.
- The proposed program, project, or event has the potential to increase HxA membership by attracting not only existing HxA members and/or HxCommunity members, but also scholars who are not yet members but are curious about the organization and mission.
- The proposed program, project, or event has the potential to increase public awareness about HxA, its mission, and the need for viewpoint diversity within higher education.