HxA is pleased to present the HxCommunities Flexible Funding Opportunity as a way to support the great work being done by its network of nearly 5,000 Members and Affiliates, and 22 Heterodox Communities (HxCommunities).
Grants of up to $30,000 are available to support programs, projects, and events which demonstrate support of and/or have the potential to promote the heterodox values of open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement in education.
- Applicant is an HxA Member or Affiliate
- Applicant belongs to an existing HxCommunity OR applicant is in the process of forming a new HxCommunity with the Director of Membership
- The activity serves HxCommunity members and/or HxA Community at large
- The applicant has provided all of the required application information.
- The proposal demonstrates support of and commitment to the HxA mission.
- The applicant has provided clear details as to how the funding will be used, indicates thoughtful planning, and is realistically aligned with the scale of the proposed program, project, or event.
- The proposed program, project, or event has the potential to increase HxA membership by attracting not only existing HxA members and/or HxCommunity members, but also scholars who are not yet members but are curious about the organization and mission.
- The proposed program, project, or event has the potential to increase public awareness about HxA, its mission, and the need for viewpoint diversity within higher education.